Council Approved Dropped Kerb Contractors

Need your kerbs dropping for easy access to your property or driveway?

We offer same day quotations for all your drop kerb needs

Dropped Kerb Based In Mansfield Contractors For The Finest Dropped Kerbs in East Midlands

Call Today For Your Free Quote - 07595 510190

Braddd Gill
Braddd Gill
17 August 2023
Fantastic company. Dave was really helpful from the beginning and answered all my questions. I had 8 kerbs dropped and i’m so pleased with the end result. Thank you.
john dawkins
john dawkins
14 August 2023
I would recommend this company to anyone. From the first phone call to the completion of the removal of 5 kerbstones and replacing with new dropped kerbstones it was done quickly and the finish was done to a high standard.
Bonnie Chan
Bonnie Chan
29 July 2023
Efficient and excellent work. They are professional.
Kieran Ursell
Kieran Ursell
22 June 2023
Great service from start to finish for my dropped kerb, Dave was quick to reply, communication great, very fast and smooth process. Would definitely recommend to others :)
Ayaiz Sharif
Ayaiz Sharif
14 June 2023
Very efficient, and Dave who manages process excellent
Les Pike
Les Pike
27 May 2023
Work was carried out efficiently and to the highest standard. The staff were courteous and very friendly and I would recommend this company highly.
Saadatu Ladan
Saadatu Ladan
15 March 2023
Great job! Professional, polite, and work finished in a timely manner and high standard. Definitely recommend.
Teona Highton
Teona Highton
20 February 2023
Affordable and definitely competitive prices for dropped kirbs. Would recommend 👍
5 January 2023
Very quick and efficient service.

We are fully licenced and insured drop kerb contractors, partnering with the local council and Highways Authority to carry out every job in compliance with all essential regulations.

In most cases you don’t need to apply for anything from the council, we take care of all of that for you. We will submit the application and you will receive an email from the council on approval.

A kerb drop is a legal necessity if you wish to drive across the pavement onto your residential or commercial property.

Any entry onto a public highway from a residential or commercial driveway area should have a vehicle crossover.

Kerb dropping enables vehicles to cross the pavement from the road to a driveway and it is a legal necessity if you want to drive across the pavement onto your property.

new dropped kerb in Mansfield

Recent Installations

Putting in a vehicle access crossover can make a huge improvement to easy access your property along with helping to make sure people do not park across your driveway.

The law regarding the access states: If you intend to drive a vehicle over the footway into your driveway off a highway, then you will need to make these changes to your access.

If you do not, you must never drive over the footway. If you do this, you are breaking the law and enforcement action could be taken to stop such practice.

The pavement may need to be reinforced in front of the property, and sometimes, it may be necessary for lampposts, manhole covers and various other street furniture to be relocated.

drop kerb example image

Drop Kerb Specialists in Mansfield

Kerb drops, also called vehicle access crossovers, are an adaptation to the footpath. It entails lowering the kerb and laying new foundations to the paving to enable a car to be driven onto the front area of a property.

The work includes lowering the kerbstones and strengthening the pavement to create a ramp, and must solely be performed by an authorised company with Street Works Accreditation, and who have the required Public Liability insurance to comply with the local authorities requirements.

Vehicle access cross overs comprise normally of 3 or 4 dropped kerbs with a tapered or transition kerb on either side. The conventional maximum total width at road level for a VAC is 3.6 metres (i.e. normally 4 kerbs).

We have several years experience in putting in drop kerbs and applying for the relevant planning permission. We can work in partnership with your local county council  while abiding by all necessary regulations.

You can either apply to your local council for permission for kerb dropping outside your property or we can apply to your local authority in your place.

We are members of the Streetworks Qualifications Register (SWQR). The SWQR holds details of qualified operators who have gained the appropriate qualifications in regard to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, which is necessary for any provider excavating a highway.

We concentrate on delivering a service that gets it right the first time. By investing in high quality components, equipment and processes, we make sure that we deliver lasting and affordable solutions that will last.

We pride ourselves on our exceptional workmanship and customer care and we make sure that each and every job is carried out to the highest quality standards.

Our staff can check out your site to carry out a free no-obligation survey. This allows our surfacing contractors to fully understand your needs and offer an accurate and affordable quote.

Contact us today for a free quote on 07595 510190

Mansfield Kerb Dropping Contractors

The huge growth in demand for off-street parking has seen a growing number of people drop kerbs to create car standing at the front of their properties.

Research by home insurer Direct Line shows that off-street parking is seen by estate agents as a beneficial feature which adds market value to a property. This, coupled with escalating parking restrictions in many residential areas, has brought about planning applications  increase greatly over recent years.

But while adding car standing space to the front of your home might add market value to your property, there are numerous things to take into consideration, not least environmental issues, and flooding is a major worry.

When you replace a front garden with hard standing, rain can no longer absorb into the ground. As increasingly more households take this action, the collective effect seriously increases the risk of flooding, so it’s important to include drainage in your plans.

Planning permission is usually required if you wish to drop the kerb outside your property to permit a car to cross the pavement. This is because the pavement might need to be reinforced to take the weight of vehicles and help prevent them from damaging the surface or any pipes or cables below. It is also to ensure the new access will never be a safety hazard to other highway users.

Dropped Kerb Based In Mansfield Contractors For The Finest Dropped Kerbs in East Midlands

Call Today For Your Free Quote - 07595 510190

You can learn if you require planning permission by contacting your local council (you can identify the relevant council at the government website). How much it costs to apply will depend on your location.

If permission is granted, you then you need to find a local professional to perform the work for you.

It’s definitely not a DIY job as the council will have requirements that service providers must meet. Several will only allow you to use their approved contractors, while others allow you to use your own, just as long as they are certified to the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, and carry public liability insurance. In this case, there might be an additional charge for highway assessments by the council.

new dropped kerb in Mansfield
Mansfield close up of kerb drop

Nottinghamshire Vehicle Crossover Experts

But first it’s worth verifying if consent is likely to be granted. Below is a checklist of considerations. If any among these criteria is not really met, planning permission is probably to be turned down:

  • Your front garden needs to be large enough for you to park your vehicle completely on your property.
  • The kerb needs to be at least 4.8 m from the front of your house; or 6m if the parking spot is in front of a door or garage.
  • The parking area must be at least 2.4 m wide.
  • The suggested access to your property must be more than 10m away from a road junction; 15m away from busy junctions or on primary roads.
  • It has to be at least 1.5 m away from street lights and various other street furniture.
  • It must meet visibility standards; this depends on the type of road.
  • Suitable drainage needs to be provided to remove the surplus surface water.
    The extraction of tree roots must be avoided.
  • The slope from your property to the road must not be too steep.
  • Finally, you as the home owner must agree to the kerb being dropped; for example, a renter can not apply on their landlord’s behalf.

We Install Driveways Too!

If you need a dropped kerb you probably need a driveway too.
We can give you a quote for:
Resin Drives
Tarmac Drives
Concrete Drives
Block Paving Drives
Imprinted Concrete

Ask us for a free quote!

Q and A’s

Prices will vary depending on your location, width of pavement, the number of kerbs to drop and if you want to extend an existing dropped kerb. Some councils and contractors provide an extended dropped curb for no cost, while others charge up to £1800. The entire job takes about 1 to 2 hours.

The Highways Act 1980 – Section 184, makes it an offence to drive a vehicle across a footway, or verge, where there is no proper vehicle crossover. They allow for the vehicle to cross the public pedestrian footway.

An average driveway will have five kerb sections. You will need to obtain permission from your local Council as highway authority, assuming that the Council owns the road and footpath. The Council may deny permission for any reason, be it as a roads or planning authority, but also both.

Dropped kerbs are the areas where vehicles cross the road to reach the property’s front. This is most often a driveway with drop kerb.

If you park your vehicle partially or completely across a dropped kerb, it is considered obstruction. This can be enforced either by the police and the council. You can get a PCN for parking on your own dropped kerb, however absurd it may sound

Parking on a drop kerb is considered a parking violation and can result in a Penalty Notice. If you park across a dropped curb, you will be charged with an offense unless you have permission.

A spot for a vehicle will bring additional value to your property. The amount you pay will depend on whereabouts. Keep in mind, however, that dropping a kerb on your property outside will require you to submit an application.

Between the junction’s entrance and the proposed location for vehicular access, there must be at most 10m. No part of a vehicle parked within your property may overhang the pavement or road.

If you want to remove the curb from your property in order to permit a vehicle to cross the pavement, planning permission will usually be required. This is because the pavement may need to be strengthened to take the weight of vehicles and prevent them from damaging the surface or any pipes or cables underneath

Dropped kerbs are required for vehicles that will be driven over the footway to your driveway from a highway. A dropped kerb is required for any vehicle that crosses the footway. If you do this, you may be charged with breaking the law.

Contact us today for a free quote on 07595 510190

Does a Dropped Kerb Mean No Parking?

Council Approved Dropped Kerb Contractors Need your kerbs dropping for easy access to your property or driveway? We offer same day quotations for all your drop kerb needs Dropped Kerb…

Read More »

Are Dropped Kerbs Enforceable?

Council Approved Dropped Kerb Contractors Need your kerbs dropping for easy access to your property or driveway? We offer same day quotations for all your drop kerb needs Dropped Kerb…

Read More »